Customers now have a trusted source to get their 32v 4.2's rebuilt to extract new life out of them. Not thrilled about pulling your engine? We can take in your entire car into our facility for a turn key solution, contact us for more information and pricing.
Customers must establish contact prior to shipping and purchase the desired engine rebuild stage in full before work begins. Shipping to or from our facility is not included. Local drop off and pick-up is available free of charge. Never shipped an engine? Let us help guide you through the process! We typically see shipping rates between $275-$500 one way within the continental United States. We recommend using www.goship.com
Long blocks are to be delivered to us without accessories. Accessories include: Oil Filter Housing, Water Pump, Power Steering Pump, A/C Compressor, Alternator & Bracket, Oil Cooler, Exhaust Manifolds, Engine Mounts, Knock Sensors, Intake Manifold, Coil Packs, and Cam Sensors. Spark plugs can be left in the engine, but rebuilds will not include spark plugs.
Our engine rebuilds will REUSE your timing phasers. If your engine is known to have timing phaser issues, please contact us so that we can arrange for them to be replaced at an additional cost. We do not accept any liability on rebuilt engines with variable phaser issues.
Engines must be shipped directly to our facility at the following address. Purchase and tracking needs to be completed and sent to AMTuned prior to engine arrival.
541 S Flagler Ave. Unit # A-West
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
We are the only company in the world utilizing our proprietary block prep service prior to machining the block. This in-house developed service allows us to run a factory bore size and not cheat by using a smaller OD sleeve and a tiny piston. This results in engines that are more powerful with factory displacement over the competition. Our service removes the risk of the vapor ports between the bores cracking behind the sleeves and leaking coolant down into the crankcase. Below is a picture of a block that did not have our block prep service. We removed the sleeves to find cracked coolant passages between the bores and visible signs of coolant entering the crankcase.
AMTuned Engine STAGE 0: Refreshed BNS / BYH / CAUA 4.2L 32V Timed & Sealed Long Block. TURN AROUND TIME IS ABOUT 12 WEEKS AFTER PASSED INSPECTION.
- Fully sleeved engine block utilizing LA Sleeve AMTuned spec sleeves. Diamond hone finish with a plateau final hone for expedited break in.
- Complete timing service utilizing OEM & OE parts
- Cylinder head refresh including cleaning and inspection. Replacement items include new guides, upgraded valve guide seals, and gaskets. Valves will be tested to ensure they are true, replacement valves will be invoiced as needed. Cylinder head mating surface will be skimmed to ensure optimal sealing during install. Valve seats will be cut, and assembled heads are pressure tested.
- Engine block refresh including cleaning. Replacement items include main bearings, connecting rod bearings, piston rings, lower engine o-rings, and all new gaskets / seals.
AMTuned Engine Stage 1: For those looking for higher safeguards when running forced induction. Includes everything in our Stage 0 package with the addition of:
- AMTuned Saenz 4340 H-Beam Connecting Rods Paired To Stock Pistons
- Supertech Performance Valves (Std size)
- King XP Series Con-Rod Bearings
- ARP Head Bolts
- Ring Gap Enlarged For Forced Induction
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
AMTuned Engine Stage 2: For those looking to run large custom power adders. Includes everything in our Stage 0 package with the addition of:
- AMTuned Piston and Con-Rod package. 9.5:1 JE piston package with 93 series pins, gas nitride ring package, Tuff Skirt Coating
- King XP Series Con-Rod & Main Bearings
- ARP Head Studs
- Supertech Performance Valves (+1mm)
- Supertech Performance Valve Spring Package
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly